@questlove RT : Ben Carson confusing REO's with Oreos is cool but have you tried Ben Carson mixing up Amway and OMWI? https://t.co/6wjrisgDaQ 1 day 23 hours ago
@questlove Our guest on the next is straight up royalty. For as long as I can remember has been damn near… https://t.co/r0umDS3KYy 15 hours 37 min ago
@markromanek Not sure why this priceless and historic (heavily redacted) document has suddenly surfaced. (“Call or Fax”? Send a… https://t.co/w6ke3tsa5W 1 day 16 hours ago
@JosephKahn I don't make things fans want to see. I make things I want to see. 10 hours 42 min ago
@JosephKahn I used to get really depressed as a teenager/early 20s. Then it just went away. I think it was getting laid. 1 day 20 hours ago
@JosephKahn RT : Collider will not be doing set visits or interviews in State's that have passed this extreme legislation. Women sho… https://t.co/1jvbu9RcGs 1 day 21 hours ago
@JosephKahn I'm Asian but I identify as Irish. I'm Trans-Irish. 1 day 20 hours ago
@questlove lol if one more person tweets this pic to me......1) this was our 10th anniversary as a band---she brought us a cak… https://t.co/7TW1LUT5LE 23 hours 38 min ago
@JosephKahn Not only do I remember New Coke, I remember in the 80s when they first introduced Gatorade. They shipped out a smal… https://t.co/mUDq3hqw08 1 day 23 hours ago
@JosephKahn If Vietnamese transitioned their last name would go from Tran to Trans. 1 day 4 hours ago
@Diddy Be a nice human. 3 hours 52 min ago
@florencemachine Thank you Red Rocks 📸 Lillie Eiger https://t.co/obVCGYpXTx 1 day 6 hours ago
@JosephKahn There is a screening of TORQUE tonight in Toronto? Next time hit a brother up. I would have dropped by. https://t.co/mrYe9aXXhu 22 hours 42 min ago
@JosephKahn People write me unsolicited video treatments. 99% are super literal to the lyrics. The other 1% need psychiatric evaluations. 9 hours 56 min ago
@JosephKahn RT : Talk about close call — "They discovered a clot in his jugular vein...going to start him on an anticoagulant to try… https://t.co/gzbBw76BNa 17 hours 20 min ago

Skrillex & Boyz Noise "Chella Ride" (Golden Wolf, dir.)

DOG BLOOD - CHELLA RIDE [OFFICIAL VIDEO]

Groundbreaking electronic music acts Skrillex and Boys Noize recently approached London based animation studio Golden Wolf to create a bespoke music video for their collaborative, experimental music project ‘Dog Blood’.  The highly anticipated video marks the first official realease from the group's second EP 'Middle Finger PT 2'.  The Golden Wolf team instinctively took this project as an opportunity to create something new and extra special, a fresh and exciting approach to animation in music videos in collaboration their sister studio, ilovedust.

“This seemed like the perfect project to team up together and create something a little different... A little grimy .. A little bit like being bitten by a dog from outer space. Golden Wolf Vs Dogblood appeared like ‘one hell of a collaboration’ for our first project of 2014”   - ilovedust

The project was handled like a short film, creating a visually rich and stylised world where multiple narratives could be intertwined together. The teams at Golden Wolf and Ilovedust devoted their time to establish a unique style taking inspiration from a wide range of sources from The Cold War, Space Race to the Occult.  Golden Wolf‘s attention to detail in the video is striking, especially taking into account that they only used gray scale. Overlapping images flash throughout the high octane visual, bouncing back and forth between elaborate visions of the cockpit, sketchy government photos and documents, and a whirlwind of destruction in and out of the flying craft.

It took over 3 months to produce, created entirely in house at Golden Wolf's studio in Shoreditch. The whole team took this project as an opportunity to pool their resources and departments into one venture. Combining a gritty, retro, graphic style with the latest 3D and 2D animation techniques, the film blends an intricate narrative into a retro-future style, a look and feel unique to the studio. 

“It's a piece we are immensely proud of and was so special to us to work on, not only as we are massive fans of the artists but more because we saw this an opportunity to create something unique and special. We called on our sister company ilovedust to help us define a style based on Dog Blood's already well-established aesthetic that we could take into motion. We feel the style we've established is something that's new and unique to us.”  - Golden Wolf

Song
Director
Producer
Production Company
Commissioner
Ingi Erlingsson, Creative Director

Recent Tweets