Deadline for 2013 MVPA Award submissions ends April 5. If you're looking to submit your work for consideration, please see below for info.
The Music Video Production Association — representing production companies and directors, plus freelance workers and other music video related companies — is now accepting entries for the 2013 MVPA Awards, which will be held May 30, 3013 in Los Angeles.
The Awards are open to all creatives in the music video community, including non-members who can becomes a supporter of the event at the following fee structure:
- $75 — Directors, Producers, Freelance Individuals
- $250 — Vendor, Agencies & Related Companies
- $750 — Production Company, Production Company Event Sponsors
Each video entered for consideration carries a $65 fee, and must be for videos released between April 1, 2012 and April 1, 2013.
Visit mvpaoes.adbeast.com to register, or for more information.
Voting will be again be open to the entire professional music video community with appropriate credentials. Interested voters should email firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31, 2013 with a credit list or a link to your work.
Please see below for an award category listing and a Welcome message from new MVPA president Fuliane Petikyan
Caregories at the 2013 MVPA Awards include:
- Director of the Year (based upon three submitted videos per director; final winner chosen by MVPA Board of Directors)
- Best Video Produced for Under $25,000
- Best Animated Video
- Best Direction of a Male Artist
- Best Direction of a Female Artist
- Best Direction of a New Artist
- Best Direction of a Band
- Best Directorial Debut
- Best Adult Contemporary Video
- Best Pop Video
- Best Rock Video
- Best Alternative Video
- Best Hip Hop Video
- Best R&B Video
- Best Electronic Video
- Best International Video
- Best Art Direction
- Best Cinematography
- Best Choreography
- Best Colorist
- Best Editing
- Best Styling
- Best Make-Up
- Best Hair
- Best Computer Effects (FX done in computer)
- Best Special Effects (FX done on scene/in camera)
- Kratz Award for Creative Excellence/Commissioner Recognition (chosen by Board of Directors only)
- Lifetime Achievement Award (chosen by Board of Directors only)